I am a psychologist in private practice in Oakland, California and was licensed in 1985 (CA PSY 9071). I have over 25 years of experience treating adults, couples, adolescents and families. I also specialize in treating reproductive health issues including infertility, pregnancy loss, postpartum depression and alternative family building with donors and surrogates.
My experience offers me a breadth of knowledge which informs my clinical work. In addition to providing psychotherapy and consultation services, I was an Assistant Clinical Professor of Psychology at the University of California, Berkeley, served as the Director of Training at a youth service agency and taught undergraduate and graduate level psychology courses. I was Chair of the Mental Health Professional Group of the American Society for Reproductive Medicine and a member of the Mental Health Advisory Group for Resolve. Since 1992 I have been the Director of Psychological Services at the Alta Bates In Vitro Fertilization Program (www.abivf.com). I am currently a member of the Mental Health Advisory Council of the American Fertility Association and am Past President of the Alameda County Psychological Association.
I frequently speak at conferences and write articles for professionals and the general public. My presentations focus on building healthy donor conceived families, talking to children about their donor origins, coping with infertility and secondary infertility and the role of the psychologist in reproductive medicine. Click here to read some sample articles I have written.
I am inquisitive about others, thoughtful in my approach, diligent in my professionalism and respectful of the unique relationship I share with clients. I embrace diversity and appreciate working with people from different cultures, backgrounds, genders and sexual orientations. Click here to read more about my therapeutic approach.
- Ph.D., California School of Professional Psychology, 1983
- B.S., Cornell University, 1979
- American Psychological Association
- California Psychological Association
- Alameda County Psychological Association (Past President)
- Contra Costa County Psychological Association
- San Francisco Psychotherapy Research Group
- American Society of Reproductive Medicine (former Chair, Mental Health Professional Group)
- Resolve (former member, Mental Health Advisory Group)
- The American Fertility Association (member, Mental Health Advisory Council)